Technology Department | Permanent Position | fulltime | 5+ years
At Hangar we embrace change, because we know it can lead to success. Now is your time to make a move. We’re looking for an inspired, motivated and experienced Senior Java Back-End Developer (SJBED) to join our team. We want this person to design and write code and provide support to applications. You’ll be working with high-energy, multi-disciplinary teams that produce exciting work! However, they will also work independently, assuming ownership for the design and programming of simple and complex tasks. S/he works with web applications and a variety of back-end technologies including Java and is comfortable with content management systems and e-commerce platforms.
Experience has taught you what works. With your extensive knowledge you will:
• Collaborate and communicate efficiently and effectively with other groups such as Creative, Business and Technology throughout all phases of a project lifecycle
• Work closely with Creative, Business, Technology and QA teams to ensure the technology will be functional and meet performance targets
• Implement technology solutions that address our clients’ business needs and challenges while leveraging our best practices and state-of-the-art technologies
• Own the development of sub-systems and ensure they follow the overall technical architecture and design established by the technical lead
• Understand and maps user and business requirements to an appropriate technical solution
• Maintain concise and clear documentation on the projects as dictated by each Capability’s guidelines and best practices
• Debug or troubleshoot complex issues in existing software applications
• Proactively provide feedback on policies and procedures when an opportunity for improvement exists
What we looking for? Besides a great attitude...
You must have:
• Fluency in English (Minimum B2 reading, writing, and conversation)
• Bachelor’s in Computer Science or related technical discipline OR equivalent practical experience
• 4 or more years of Java software development experience
• Proficiency designing and developing web applications using various technologies and languages such as Java/J2EE, Web Services and/or XML.
• Experience with data storage patterns and practices, namely relational (SQL)
• Experience integrating solutions with external products from third-party vendors
• Advanced-level knowledge in object-oriented analysis and design
• Knowledge of design patterns (e.g., model-view-controller, observer, etc.) and software engineering principles
• Firm understanding of XML and JSON, and their role in software projects
• Experience creating and consuming REST web services
It’d be great if you also have:
• Experience with AEM (Adobe Experience Manager) (highly desired)
• Experience with non-relational (NoSQL) platforms.
• Experience integrating rich internet application technologies such as AJAX, Flash, Flex with backend components.
• Experience building a web solution based on a Content Management System
Abilities and skills to be successful in this role:
• Capable of implementing requirements which are composed of multiple development activities or touch various sub-systems
• Capable of working with new technologies and building proof of concept prototypes
• Capable of estimating simple tasks and justifying these estimates
• Capable of troubleshooting and debugging web platform issues using debugging proxies or similar tools and do root cause analysis
• Capable of sharing acquired knowledge with teammates
• Capable of writing unit tests, and scripting load and performance tests